Click here for MHA's daily COVID-19 hospital-specific dashboard update.
After the recommended pause of Johnson & Johnson vaccine administration, the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices held an emergency meeting and decided not to make a recommendation on its use at this time. ACIP will reconvene again in a few days to review additional data on the risk of certain clotting disorders by age and sex before making a recommendation. Slides from the ACIP meeting are available here. In line with the current federal guidance, the Mississippi State Department of Health is alerting Mississippi COVID-19 vaccine providers to continue to pause all administration of the J&J COVID-19 vaccine until further notice. The CDC hosted a Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity call to discuss the latest evidence on cerebral venous sinus thrombosis with thrombocytopenia associated with the administration of the J&J vaccine. The call recording is available online. Health care providers are asked to report adverse events to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.
Here are other resources that may be helpful:
- COVID Vaccine Training Modules
- MSDH: COVID-19 Vaccination Provider Resources and Enrollment
- MSDH: Reporting Adverse Events After COVID-19 Vaccination and Recommendations for Severe Allergic Reactions/Anaphylaxis
- CMS: Toolkit for Health Care Providers
- CMS: FAQs on Medicare Fee-for-Service Billing
- CMS: CPT/HCPCS billing codes for administration of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines
- CDC: Standing Orders Template and Pre-Vaccination Screening Tool for Pfizer Vaccine
- CDC: Pre-Vaccination Checklist for COVID-19 Vaccines
MHA will continue to provide updates on vaccine distribution as they become available. Members with questions may contact Joyce Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org.