Skip to main content
Directions To MHA
Board of Governors
Board of Governors - Members Only
Advocacy & Policy
MHA Advocacy Center
Education & Events
Committees - Members Only
District Councils - Members Only
Center for Rural Health
Discharge Data Program
MHA Investment Pool
Unemployment Insurance Program
Publications & News
MHA News Now
MHA Executive Briefing
MHA Press Room
Skip breadcrumb navigation
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
CPHQ REVIEW COURSE Presented By NAHQ
Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality credential review course.
Advance your career
by earning the Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality® (CPHQ) credential! Let MHA support you in reaching your goal.
Attend a two-day workshop
in Madison, Mississippi that is designed for those preparing to sit for the CPHQ Exam.
Led in partnership with the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ), the course is taught by a NAHQ instructor with extensive experience in healthcare quality. In an engaging, small-group environment, review the exam material, participate in interactive exercises, test your knowledge with practice questions, and get valuable study tips.
The course is based on the exam content outline, and will cover the following areas:
Quality Leadership and Structure
Performance Measurement and Process Improvement
Register for this interactive prep course today!
Unable to attend the live course? NAHQ offers an online version of the CPHQ Review Course. Visit the NAHQ Course Catalog to access this resource today!
Register directly with NAHQ by clicking the link below:
This program will be held at the Mississippi Hospital Association, 116 Woodgreen Crossing, Madison, MS 39110. (601) 982-3251. Registration is made directly with NAHQ online at the link provided above. MHA does not coordinate registrations for this event.
NAHQ's registration fees:
¤ MHA Member: $329
¤ NAHQ member: $329
¤ Non-member $399
¤ Join NAHQ and register to attend: $528
Closest hotel in the area: Hilton Garden Inn, 320 New Mannsdale Rd, Madison, MS. (601) 420-0442. Ask for MHA's rate when making your reservation. $129 + tax per night.
CPHQ REVIEW - COURSE OBJECTIVES:
Module 1: Course Introduction & Examination Review
1. Identify the course purpose, module purpose and objectives, and resources.
2. Determine the structure and process for the examination.
3. Identify test taking tips.
4. Recognize examination resources to use following the course.
Module 2: Quality Leadership & Structure
1. Identify the alignment between a quality program and organizational systems.
2. Identify the quality role with credentialing, privileging, and quality oversight.
3. Explain how accreditation, recognition programs, and continuous readiness activities provide quality oversight.
4. Evaluate and integrate environmental safety programs.
5. Recognize statutory and regulatory requirements and outside quality resources.
6. Identify current and evolving quality practices.
7. Identify steps to create a quality-driven culture.
Module 3: Information Management
1. Explain confidentiality principles and the impact of health information management on quality.
2. Explain types of information management systems.
3. Identify data types and measurements.
4. Determine how to collect, interpret, and use data.
5. Identify statistical analysis methods.
6. Apply performance improvement tools.
7. Identify additional statistical techniques.
8. Analyze data and report findings.
Module 4: Performance Measurement & Process Improvement
1. Plan for performance measurement and process improvement.
2. Determine when and how to use teams for quality problems.
3. Perform or coordinate risk management activities.
4. Evaluate compliance with internal and external requirements.
5. Identify how training and education support quality efforts.
6. Communicate quality issues to staff and organization.
7. Apply change management strategies and models.
Module 5: Patient Safety
1. Recognize patient safety goals and priorities.
2. Identify the role of technology in patient safety.
3. Identify the quality professional’s role in assisting with implementing patient safety activities.
8/23/2017 8:00 AM - 8/24/2017 5:00 PM
116 Woodgreen Crossing
Madison, MS 39110 United States
Create a new account