Everyone who manages people needs to fully understand the implication of workplace harassment from a supervisory perspective. Making sure that the managers in your organization are properly trained regarding the risks of workplace harassment and that they are well-versed in how to prevent and respond to workplace harassment should part of every organization's risk management plan.
This informative webinar emphasizes what managers need to know to prevent and deal with harassment in the workplace. The course will cover key definitions and concepts associated with workplace harassment, with an emphasis on helping managers understand the very real risks in this area and providing them with the knowledge base necessary to recognize and respond to potential problems or complaints.
• Identify protected characteristics and explain how they relate to workplace harassment
• Describe key concepts related to equal employment opportunity compliance
• Recognize common workplace situations that constitute examples of workplace harassment
Key topics covered include:
• What supervisors need to know about anti-discrimination and anti-harassment
• What protected characteristics really are & how they are associated with specific U.S. laws
• Applying anti-discrimination and anti-harassment considerations for interviewing & hiring practices
• Equal employment opportunity (EEO) protections: Key definitions (discrimination, harassment, quid pro quo, hostile environment harassment, third party harassment, retaliation,)
• Key concepts associated with workplace harassment (reasonable person standard, preponderance of evidence, should have known, etc.)
• Understanding employer liability in circumstances associated with workplace harassment
• Tips for preventing workplace harassment and keys to minimizing liability
• Tips for handling workplace harassment complaints
Mary Gormandy White, M.A., SPHR, SHRM-SCP is co-founder of MTI Business Solutions (www.mtibusiness.com), a Gulf-Coast-based corporate training firm specializing in HR, management, leadership, communication, customer service, Everything DiSC, Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team and PXT Select training and related services.
She provides HR and talent development, and assessment services to clients throughout the United States, and frequently presents at conferences and association meetings nationwide.
She is an Everything DiSC certified trainer and teaches SHRM-SCP/CP certification preparation courses. Her professional background includes extensive experience in HR and talent development.