Psychiatric Auditing and Documentation
led by Jean Ann Hartzell Minzey, Healthcare Education Strategies, Inc.
ATTEND IN PERSON OR FROM YOUR DESK BY "REMOTE LIVE WEBINAR"!!
Psychiatric services continue to be highly reviewed for medical necessity and audited. Services are being requested to be provided by our community hospitals as centralized programs reorganize. This course is designed to assist the participant with the identification of resources and the requirements for documentation. Additionally, the reimbursement methodologies will be discussed for the various provider types. Emphasis will be placed on Medicare Requirements for coverage, documentation to support code assignment and reimbursement. For compliance reasons, it is most important that the psychiatric coding is done properly. Also, documentation must accurately reflect the care delivered to receive proper payment.
Staff who assists with the code assignment, internal auditing and preparation of responses to audits from third party payors,
Clinical and Financial Directors/Managers for Behavioral Health and Psychiatric Services,
Key Pro (QIO) Contacts, RAC Teams, Revenue Cycle Teams,
Office Managers, Case Managers, Billers which address psychiatric services,
Physician Services, Hospital-Employed Physicians, HIM Leadership,
Coding and Reimbursement Directors, Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists, and Compliance Officers,
Patient care staff who document in the medical record
1. Identify reimbursement issues for not documenting appropriately
2. Describe ways to ensure appropriate documentation
3. Understand appropriate CPT & ICD10 CM code assignment for Provider-specific settings
4. Recognize Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs)
*Intensive outpatient psychiatric services
*Inpatient acute care
5. Identify documentation requirements to support code assignment
6. Understand the reporting of CPT Psychiatric codes
7. Recognize ICD10 CM code sets to support medical necessity
8. Understand how Medicare Preventative Services can be provided
9. Understand physician outpatient quality, MACRA and transitional care/care management opportunities.
$175 - MHA Member IN PERSON or REMOTE LIVE WEBINAR
$350 - All Others IN PERSON or REMOTE LIVE WEBINAR