The Mississippi Nurses Foundation funds six stipend scholarships each year in support of nurses preparing to teach. The Mississippi Nurses Foundation Stipend provides qualifying full-time or part-time RNs enrolled in an accredited Nursing Masters Program in Mississippi, with a focus in education with a $6,000 stipend to be used in funding their education. The stipends are made possible through the Mississippi Nurses car tag program. Additional criteria apply. For information or application, contact the Mississippi Nurses Foundation at 601-898-0850 or foundation(at)msnurses.org.
- Hold current, unencumbered Mississippi RN license.
- Have a nursing license plate on personal vehicle at the time of application, and maintain during receipt of funding.
- Be a full time or part time student (3 year limit) in an accredited Nursing Masters Program in Mississippi, with a focus in education.
- Submit a letter from the Dean of the school verifying enrollment with anticipated date of completion.
- Hold a GPA of 3.0 or higher in undergraduate nursing curriculum, and maintained throughout the term of the funding.
- Provide official transcript from last completed semester (undergraduate or graduate).
- Sign contract with the Mississippi Nurses Foundation to teach in an accredited school of nursing in Mississippi within the first two years following completion of the program. If contract is broken, funds must be repaid, plus interest.
- Submit three letters of reference.
- Write a 500 word essay relating the value of nursing to each of the following:
- the nursing student
- the patient
For information or application, contact the Mississippi Nurses Foundation at 601-898-0850.
Application and attachments must be received in the Foundation office by mid July:
- Student Information form (list nurses license late number).
- Submit copy of current MS nursing license.
- Letter of enrollment verification from Dean with date of completion.
- Official transcript (showing last completed semester and verification of nine+ (9) semester hours).
- Three letters of reference.
- 500 word essay.
The Mississippi Nurses Foundation Scholarship Committee will conduct a blind review and award the end of July.
- Recipient will begin receiving $500 per month the following August for 12 months for full time students or $250 per month for 24 months for part time students.
- Recipient must provide official transcript at the end of each completed semester throughout the term of the Stipend.